Monday 3 December 2007

365 / 108 - soup and soup-strainers

I continue to be making a lot of disguises. Lots of moustaches. Lots of beards. I dream that one day two of my customers will attend a party whilst each sporting one of my disguises and a great romance will be born, sparked by a mutual love of fake facial hair. Well, maybe not!

I do genuinely dream of evenings spent making exciting new things instead of the same old soup strainers (making anything over and over gets terribly dull and I am running out of good films to watch whilst making them!) ... so yesterday I got creative with my dinner and made a big batch of yummy soup.
Soften a leek or onion in a bit of olive oil. Add about 350g of chopped root vegetables (last night I used parsnips), three sliced carrots, a 400g tin of chopped tomatoes, 1.5 litres of vegetable stock, rosemary and thyme and lots of oregano, and some black pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes, add some baby pasta, bring to the boil and simmer for about 6 minutes, add a 400g tin of borlotti beans, cook for 2 more minutes... and you're done! Tasty tasty stuff. Supposedly enough to last me several days but it's already been devoured.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Please make another batch of this soup timed for my next visit - Sheelagh