Thursday 23 July 2015

PDF Patterns are Back in My Etsy Shop - Hurrah!

I was delighted to find an email in my inbox from Etsy this morning with an update about how they're handling the new EU VAT legislation that came into effect this year.

If you live in the EU the price of instantly downloadable digital items sold on Etsy (like printable PDF sewing patterns) will now include VAT (charged at the appropriate amount for your home country).

I'm obviously not happy that my buyers will have to pay this tax on top of the price of my patterns, but I am happy that Etsy are doing this so I don't face the nightmarish mountain of paperwork that comes along with doing it myself!

So, my PDF patterns are now back for sale in my Etsy shop as instant downloads.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/lupin?section_id=11391539

The new rules don't apply to files that are sent "manually" via email so if you live in the EU and are happy to wait for your patterns to be emailed to you, you can buy my patterns from my Big Cartel shop instead.

I have just a small collection of patterns at the moment, but I will be adding new ones over the coming months (and blogging about them here, of course!).

1 comments:

C said...

Excellent news!